Friday, May 29, 2009

Your Non-Repro Health News

Happy Friday! As the week winds down, here are a few not-quite-repro-health-related stories of note:

  • "Helloooo, this is Dr. Maya Angelou calling. Tell me something: Would you deny your son or your daughter the ecstasy of finding someone to love?" These are some robo-calls I actually wish I was getting.

  • I personally have always been a horrible speller. But that doesn't stop me from loving the story about this thirteen year-old girl winning the spelling bee.

  • There's a great roundup of Judge Sotomayor's Opinions over at RH Reality Check.

  • And finally, most of you must have heard the sad news that the CA Supreme Courtupheld Proposition 8. Below is a small collection of some of the protests that happened all over the country as a result.


So tell me all. What will you be up to this weekend?

Protesters gather in the castro district in San Francisco. Via Capt' Tim..



Protest in Dupont Circle, DC. Photo via M Hoek.



Protest in Atlanta, GA. Photo via Melissa Terry.

No comments: