Friday, October 5, 2007

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes...

I'd have never believed it... And yet. I'm borrowing (read: stealing) shamelessly from Broadsheet today because, really, they say it all:

"Eek, it's Sexy Anna Rexia!

BroadsheetAny toddler knows that Halloween costumes are supposed to be scary, offensive and disgusting, right? So the professionals must have felt they hit on a winner with -- as they put it -- "this unique costume." Introducing every self-respecting woman's worst nightmare: Sexy Anna Rexia.

The costume consists of a skintight black dress with a skeleton print, accompanied by several rib-busting accessories: a choker that looks like a tape measure, an Anna Rexia heart badge and a ribbon belt resembling a tape measure! But of course, it's not supposed to be repugnant and chilling, but sexy and so, so fun. "You can never be too rich or too thin," the costume description reminds us. Ha ha ha!"

Thank you Broadsheet.

I mean. Anorexia as a Halloween costume? Isn't bulimia at least a bit more in order considering it's a candy holiday?

Joking aside, this whole thing makes me want to puke.

No comments: