Monday, April 28, 2008

Umm... I take that back

Seems I jumped the gun a bit the other day when I commented upon "parents these days." If only the most traumatic thing a parent could do to their child would be to have plastic surgery. Today I read what I think may be the most horrible story of parental brutality that I have ever encountered in my life.

A man imprisoned his daughter in the cellar for 24 years, raping her throughout and fathering at least six children with her. Three of those children, ranging from 5-19 years old, he kept imprisoned as well. Another three, he raised upstairs with his wife (who right now seems not to have know about the rape and imprisonment).

This defies understanding. Not much else to say.

My heart goes out out to the woman and her children.

1 comment:

Make a difference said...

Here is a great site to check out and also a sneak preview of May's "People Who Care" page with a Christina Ricci interview about her work with RAINN (Rape Abuse and Incest National Network): http://nonprofitshoppingmall.com/people-who-care/christina-ricci

Go to the site and shop and a percent of your sale will go to RAINN!

Pass this on to everyone!!!